Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Surprise!!

I looked back for the old entry where I described the situation, but I couldn't find it. I guess I must not have written it in here.

Sometime in the summer (I think it was August), Matt and I decided to go on a bike ride because it was such a beautiful and lovely day out. We got water bottles ready, put on appropriate biking clothes, and went out to the back yard to "saddle up". When we got out there and I looked for my bike, it was nowhere to be seen! We searched for quite a while, all over the yard, garage, shed, etc., but never did end up finding it. I think it was stolen out of the backyard, as there has been a little bit of crime from some teenagers causing trouble in our area. So, we called off the bike ride, and I was a little bitter for a few day

On Saturday, I was in the basement when my dad called me upstairs. He said he had gotten something for me last night [which was Friday night] and it was on the deck. A NEW BIKE!! I was so surprised and not expecting it at all! It was such a nice and thoughtful thing from him to do. I felt so loved. <3 I hit the bike trails right away and had a GREAT time. I think it will take a little while to get used to being back on a bike seat again though. They are so tiny!! (And my bum was/still is so sore!)

2 comments:

Louamonster said...

NICE! That bike is so badass too! Aw, new bike day!!! Speaking of bikes, when I was at Edworthy Park on the weekend, there was a sign that said 26.0 km to Fish Creek Park. Apparently, if we rode up the Bow River Pathway we could get through Prince's Island and all the way up to Edworthy Park! It's probably too late now, but maybe next summer we could bike up there and take a picnic! With your brand new way cool bike!

Natalie said...

Oooh that would be fun! We should totally do that!! :)