Thursday, October 23, 2008

Canceled!

I knew it would happen, and it did!

I posted about babysitting and was all excited about it and stuff, and I got canceled on. Ah well. It's all good though; I think they might try to have me over next week instead!

Not going to go into too much detail about this, but just for Calgary residents to note, the number for the Calgary Police Station non-emergency line is (403) 266-1234. Do not call (403) 262-1234. That is the Palliser Hotel. :)

Excited to get my presentation mark back today! Hopefully it all went well. I'm looking forward to just sitting there and watching other people present today.

Oooh, and it seems like I talk about Twilight a lot on here, making it seem like I absolutely love it (which I don't really), but when I was talking to my aunt the other night, we were talking about how silly all the hype is about the books and the movie etc., and I found out something interesting! Apparently my uncle's company is the one doing the editing on the whole movie. Kinda cool I guess.

I met Matt for coffee last night after he worked, downtown, while he was still in his uniform and we got this crazy woman who came up to us and started preaching about how useless the war in Afghanistan is, and how useless Canada's leaders are etc etc. I took this opportunity to tell her how important it is to VOTE, but she didn't get it. "All politicians do is argue and spend money!!" Uhh... yeah? Like always? I don't know. She couldn't see any of the points I was making about Afghanistan, not that I necessarily support it, because I'm not entirely sure about how I feel about it, but the way she was talking about it (complete with copious logical fallacies) just made me want to defend it. The uniform is an idiot attractor, that's for sure.

1 comments:

Natalie said...

Yeah, it's crazy! People see it and decide that they just can't pass without making their assanine comment. Although, do be fair, I guess some people make nice comments (not that I've ever heard; maybe I'm the idiot attractor :O).