Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thursday again!

It is Thursday! Hooray! And, a complete bonus is that I feel great today! Not sick like last week. I also had a delicious breakfast before I left for school, and I feel fantastic. Great!

Lauren and I were on the train this morning, and we were riding past the parking lot at the Stampede grounds.

"What is that huge line for?" I asked.
"Oh my Lord..." Lauren replied.

And I knew. The Lululemon sale.

My mom asked me whether I was going to it or not, and I am tempted. Really. Blow out prices? Who can afford to buy that stuff any other way? I told her that there were more than 24 000 confirmed guests on Facebook, which automatically made me definitively decide NOT to show up, but can't lie, I'm tempted. I know L is going tomorrow with her mom and sister, but maybe I can convince her to have a look tonight? Perhaps? We'll talk later. I wonder exactly what constitues a "blow out" price. Half? 75% off? Or are they like regular brand names (like TNA) that consider a huge sale 5 bucks off? I would be choked if I waited in that line and it wasn't worth it. We'll see what happens tonight though.

Also, another funny thing, that didn't happen to me, but I did enjoy the story. L can let me know if she wants me to take it down, but I won't use names, so here goes.

I/we had/have a sociology professor who is quite unique. On the first day of classes she tells her class that she loves three things.

1. Her sons
2. ? (I don't recall...)
3. Tim Horton's Blueberry Fritters

Sooooo, some keener in L's class brought in a fritter for her ("May I polish your apple, teacher?") and another student had quite a silly reply in all seriousness:

"Awwww, they only had APPLE when I was there!!"

Wow.

Anyway, happy Thursday. I'm off to talk to my prof about our term paper!

1 comments:

Louamonster said...

Ha ha, feel free to publish names. One was a nameless keener and the other one, Miss "Aw, they only had apple when I was there" is the only person I can honestly say I hate, Marina! So much fun! By the way, the second passion is teaching. Additionally, I would like to see if we can get into the Lulu sale today if you want to! I'm starving and very excited for later and all the fun we will have!