Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I was a little choked

Today after my Stats lab, I went up to ask the TA (our lab instructor) a question about the write up that is due next week. So, I go up and ask my question, and he responds with:

"Oh, so you weren't listening to me last week?"
"Yes, but..."
"But what?!"

What do you even say to that? I told him I was paying attention and he told me to take notes next time. (I took notes this time too, for his information).

He ended up helping me, but I don't understand why some profs feel like they have to make you feel like an idiot at every turn. So initiated my ode to amazing professors.

Dr Aiffa, Linear Algebra and Calculus
The thing is, I don't think I'm an idiot in psyc, yet I felt like it today. I know I was an idiot (or close to) in math. I just don't get it. Yet every time I went to Aiffa's office (and there were a LOT of times in Linear Algebra) he made me feel like I was on the right track and I left feeling happy and positive about the class. Probably my professor I have not only learned the most with, but also enjoyed the most.

Dr Plume, Astronomy
I went into this class thinking it was going to be learning star formations and the history of why stars are named what they are. What a shock I was in for. In retrospect, I think I was expecting more of an astrology class. Anyway, Dr Plume helped me every single time I went to his office (weekly probably) and never made me feel dumb. He just helped. I remember asking him a question about something, and he asked me what I didn't understand about it. "Everything!" He just laughed and helped me out. This is a very uncommon occurence in University. He showed me planetary motion with mugs. :)

So ends my list. Sad hey? How many profs have I had and those are the only ones who really stick out as being fantastic? In all fairness though, I usually don't go for help for my psych classes, so I have other favorites that could have been helpful in the office and I just never knew.

And with this entry, I am letting go of the earlier incident.

1 comments:

Natalie said...

Haha thanks. TAs are useless.