Friday, January 11, 2008

Next stop, weekend trip!

Everyone seems able to pick a template and love it and keep it, and I just cannot. That blue was brutal and I can't look at it anymore. We will see how long this one lasts!

Lauren, Jordan, Matt, and I are off to Banff this weekend. I'm pretty excited. Very excited actually. Unfortunately though, all exciting things have to happen at once! I was asked to take care of my mom's co-worker's kids, but I have to decline. I am a little disappointed; one of them is a newborn, and I just LOVE babies. As a bonus, their other kids are super cute. Hopefully they ask again soon! I'm still way excited for our trip; even more now that I'm not dreading saying no about babysitting. I hate saying no to people.

It is just me who finds uploading pictures to blogspot incredibly tedious? My last post made me want to stay away from this thing for a while! Plus, when I finally hit "publish" and went to view it, I was very unhappy! All weirdly spaced. Blah! I went back in to try to edit, but the whole thing had turned to code, and that is just something I don't tamper with. I know basically nothing about it. I decided that next time I feel a need to dress up my post with pictures, I will:
a) Add the pictures first so I can type around them and don't have to drag them into place later!!!
b) Add less! Like one picture to capture an event? "We went to Banff!" *picture

That is the master plan.

Today was my last day of work before school! At the beginning of the week I was really excited about my classes, but now I am kinda in dread mode. One of my classes has three "mini-papers". I don't think I like the sound of that... It will be good though. Great in fact!! I know once I am out of school I will miss it, so I am going to work on enjoying it while I'm there.

Recent movies (both not to see):
~ Elizabethtown: If you like movies with basically no plot, blatantly obvious attempts to be deep and brooding, and Kirstin Dunst trying (and failing) a Southern accent, this one is for you.
~ Year of the Dog: ??? I don't even know. Molly Shannon = hilarious, right? Not in this one.

I have a new loved show. Matt and I sat down on New Year's day to chill in front of the tv, and being that it was still holiday time, found only one show. We decided to give it a chance. I loved it. I can't wait to watch it week after week.



I also can't wait for the new Survivor to start up again. Have you seen the list of all-stars? It's going to be great!

Final thought: Why can't we always just love the one we're with?

0 comments: