Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Edmonton 2008

Alright, as promised! The four of us went to Edmonton for some waterpark fun. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of us actually at the waterpark (we used an underwater camera which is currently being developed), so you'll have to believe me when I say we had TONS of fun in the actual waterpark!

We left on Sunday morning which was a change for us, it's usually Saturday, but it was great as there was little traffic on the way up. We spent Sunday at the waterpark, breaking for lunch in my car. I kinda expected our hotel room to be ready, like we were so lucky to experience last year, but no such luck, so we ate lunch in the car. Haha. After spending the afternoon at the waterpark, we went for a delicious dinner at BP (they have really great french onion soup as M and I discovered) and then we headed back to our room to play Apples to Apples while we waited for some of the movies at the theatre to start. We ended up having so much fun playing the game that we skipped the movie to play some more! Plus, we had lots of chips to snack on... I bought 2 bags of chips at London Drugs in the mall and the cashier told me to enjoy my chips. Haha. It was kinda odd.

Monday morning we hung out at the mall, shopping, playing mini golf and having lunch until we were ready to go. While the boys visited the huge two floor HMV, L and I checked out the pet store where they had the cutest baby tortoises! I would be so tempted to get one, except that they:
a) cost 1000 bucks
b) live for up to 80 years
c) grow to be 200 pounds

Very cute though!

Check out some pictures of:

L and J having breakfast:


J's creative shot:


My new fav picture of M and me:


L being cute and waiting for her turn:


The best part of the golf game? I got a hole in one at the last hole, the siren went off, and I won a free game! Woohoo!

Oh, and don't ask what I'm doing with my pointer finger in that shot. I have three pictures of M and me, and in each I am pointing. I dunno.

2 comments:

Louamonster said...

I just realized I never commented on this post! Edmonton was SO much fun, as always! I read on a website that leopard tortoises don't live up to 80 years but less, which could be better I suppose, even though that's kind of a sad way to think.... anyways, I wish I could have one so bad!

Can you read my blog now? Cause it did something funny to me too and now it's fixed!

<3

Natalie said...

yup, it totally is fixed for me. whew!!