Thursday, February 19, 2009

All things

I haven't updated for ages, and for once I feel like many things have happened since I last updated. It's a much better feeling than not having anything interesting going on in life and posting nothing!

I'll start with last Thursday, since that's as far back as I remember.

Lo and I tried the Wok Box for eats and I found it kinda disappointing. It was pretty pricy, and I didn't love the food. The ginger beef had a really odd flavour! I think I'll stick with the GB Peking House; same price and MUCH more delicious food. We certainly had a lovely date though, and ended it by watching the first episode of the new Survivor season! I think it will be a good one. We always have fun watching though.

Friday night I ended up seeing He's Just Not That Into You with Lo and her friends. It was good! Really long, but I didn't realize how long it was until we got up and checked the time and saw how late it was. That's a good sign though; I hate sitting in movies and feeling like I have been sitting there forEVER. It was so strange though; just when it looked like the movie was wrapping up pretty nicely, the people next to us got up and left. It was so WEIRD. Like, really? It made to sense to me.

Saturday Matt and I babysit three of our most favourite little kids. My favourite lines included the 6 yo asking Matt why he has stamps on his arms (the tattoos) and asking me if my boyfriend is married. To which I replied "not that I know of". I have never technically asked the question though. Hmmmm...

Also, the baby LOVED him some Matt this time. Not that he didn't last time, but last time he fell asleep in MY arms (a feeling I l-o-v-e) but this time he wanted Matt to hold him. When I tried to take him, he started to cry and hugged Matt. I left him alone and he put his head on Matt's shoulder, giving me a dirty look. It was so funny/sweet.

Sunday Matt took me on a surprise date to a nice restaurant downtown-ish. It was yummy. There was a guy at the table next to us (and I mean pretty much touching- the place is TINY) that was being such a jerk to his girlfriend. She would say something, like "I get treated differently at work because I'm so young. I wish I was older" and he'd give her a hard time and say how HE was clearly superiour because HE doesn't wish to be anything but what he is. It was a totally condescending manner that he had though. It made me happy that I don't have a boyfriend who talks to me that way. Not that I would put up with that shit, but still...

We came home and watched the Amazing Race and the Office with Lo. We're totally done with the Office on DVD though, and I'm so sad! I can't wait until summer when the season that is on TV now comes to DVD. YAY!

Since then, I have been up to other interesting stuff. I got to see Ashley and Nancy, watched three movies: Righteous Kill (I didn't understand it), Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 2 (cute and better than the first), and Coraline (so GOOD but in 3D- not a huge fan). It's been a good break so far, although I am being FAR less productive than I ought to be. Boo-urns.

0 comments: