Monday, November 10, 2008

Threading and Dat Phan

Haha, I was just reading my entries from November last year, and it was from when the basement was being renovated and we were sitting on lawnchairs watching TV! Haha, such fun.

Friday night, Matt and I were just kind of sitting around after supper, and I decided that I should go get my eyebrows done while we were doing nothing else. They were starting to look like little furry caterpillars, so it was DEFINITELY time. Anyway, I headed over to the place I always go to get them threaded. I don't know why I continue to do this to myself (although actually I do; will explain later). I lay down on the table and she always does my right eyebrow, and while she is doing it I SWEAR I am going to be sick because it hurts so much. Just the SOUND of it is enough to make me feel nauseous. So the tears start running down, and she continually asks me if I'm ok. The worst part is that they make you take part in your personal torture. You have to hold right above and below your eyebrow so that the skin is stretched and they can thread better. Shudder. Anyway, my left is always less painful, but by the time I leave, my eyes are watery and my eyebrows are bright red, making me too embarrassed to be seen in public. But why do I love it?! Why do I keep GOING BACK....

the amazingly crisp lines.

Sigh.

Don't start. You'll get hooked, and it is torturous. But so pretty!

The end.

Also, tonight Lauren and I went to see Dat Phan! We are having great fun going to see stand-up lately. SO FUN! <3

1 comments:

Louamonster said...

Oh the threading. You cracy! It was so fun to sit on lawn chairs! HOORAY! Dat Phan was so freaking good. <3