Sunday, November 30, 2008

Really?

I was registered in two Canadian Studies classes for next semester, and today was kinda galavanting around the U of C website to find some course outlines, to pick which one I would actually take. I couldn't find any (boo), but decided to check out Psyc to see if any of those course outlines were up. And I found one.

This one class I'm registered in has A THIRTY PAGE TERM PAPER!!! Really? Is this REALLY an undergrad course? Because that sure sounds like the start of a Master's thesis to me. Or at least FAR more work than should be assigned in undergrad. So, instead of reading stuff I'm supposed to read this morning, I spent my time looking for another class that would fulfill the stringent requirements that this one does. I did find one, and it will be a lot of work too, but not as brutal (I hope). I'm still registered in both because the second one says that a "major term paper" is an assignment, but doesn't say how long major is. To me, major is 15 pages, and torture enough. 30 is an abomination. Yikes! So, I'm registered in both of these, and am going to go to both on the first day to see which will be less painful. I had to drop one of the previously mentioned Canadian Studies classes, so I dropped the higher level one (400 instead of 300 level), so hopefully that works out ok. The one I stayed in is on a Saturday, but I didn't mind the Saturday classes I took in the past. Hopefully it works out.

I still can't get over the 30 pages thing. I think that that will be the one I drop. Yeesh!

I thought that next semester would be sort of relaxed, as I'll have less courses (since I'll have no labs, and right now I have two) and it's my LAST SEMESTER! Ugh. I'm back to wishing for May 2009. And, the idea of a cruise to treat myself to surviving these 5 long post-secondary years is sounding better and becoming more and more concrete in my head.

Drowning under piles of paperwork and the thoughts of next semester,
Natalie

Oh, and PS: I babysat last night, and one of the girls asked if I could invite Matt over. Apparently they asked their mom to give them baths because "He's so handsome". How cute is that?

1 comments:

Louamonster said...

30 pages is so outrageous! EEK!