Monday, November 17, 2008

I love when things work themselves out...

I have been having a little difficulty at work lately. I didn't want to mention it because I kind of brought it on myself, but in any sense, an opportunity presented itself today that gave me a chance to fix it and I am SO relieved. Hence the title of this post- I LOVE WHEN THINGS WORK THEMSELVES OUT!! I'm a little uneasy about changes that are going to be happening later in the week, but I guess we'll deal with that when it happens.

I had a pretty good weekend. Friday I didn't do much; spent some quality time with the tv, haha. I actually watched the Barbara Walters special about the "man who gave birth". It is actually so much less controversial than it sounds, because he was born a woman, so much of the necessary equipment is there, but it was still interesting. In part of the show he was listening to voice mails, threatening him and telling him how disgusting he is. I just don't understand how people can have so much hate in their hearts. I guess I just don't really see how he is hurting others, but I know that some people do find it personally offensive. ANYWAY...

Saturday night I joined Lo and some of her friends at a pub near my house. I really enjoyed it! It was nice to hang out with some girls! I kinda wish I had more girlfriends, so it was nice to have an opportunity to get to better know some of Lo's! After that we headed back to Lo's house, bottle of wine and what we thought would be a crappy movie in hand. It really wasn't bad though! The acting might not have been top notch, but it was a nice [predictable] story. It kind of made me think more about one of my fears though. Since being diagnosed with my blood disorder, I've always been afraid that I'm going to die in childbirth. I guess I can only hope that I and the hospital are prepared for the worst possible scenario.

Just so I don't end on that morbid thought, here is a list. I feel like I've been seeing a lot of lists on blogs I read lately, so I guess I'll post one too!

7 (why always 7?) things that made me happy this week:

1. FINISHING MY RESEARCH REPORT!! I thought it would NEVER end. 37 pages later, it did. Thank goodness!

2. On that note, the fact that Lo and I (slightly less than soberly) toasted the professor that assigned that report. Twice. LOL.

3. One of my piano students, who I thought wasn't interested anymore, texting me to ask for lessons again! Yay!

4. The work situation resolving itself, as mentioned above.

5. I feel like something hilarious happened on Thursday that I can't remember. I'm sure many hilarious things happened that I can't remember, so let me just say that Thursday made me happy this week (like every week).
"Our map is all f$%#ed up and useless!"

6. Ok, this is going to be cheesy. Are you ready?


You sure?


Alright... the look Matt gave me when he got home from his army trip. :) <3

7. Last Tuesday, being able to watch all of my favourite Tuesday shows, including the Biggest Loser, House, and SVU, and seeing Brady get voted off the ranch! YES! You had it coming!

I hope everyone has a great week!

2 comments:

Louamonster said...

Dammit, I made a long interesting comment and where did it go? GRRR!!!!! SO LAME! Ummm. I had a great time watching the movie and drinking merlot with you friend! I never knew about that fear, but I bet you'll be just fine! If they can take your wisdom teeth out, they can take other stuff out too! ;)

I also loved your list.

To PJS!

Natalie said...

Haha, other stuff out. [Ewwww]. But good point!

Thanks, buddy!

Yes, to PJS!