Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Can't I just put my BABY in the theatre?

Well, I must say that I am very impressed with people who get their whole degree while working full time. Wow. Actually, people also included in this category are people who do full time studies and full time school and people who have kids, do school, and work.

I am absolutely wrecked tonight, and I have impending assignments. Gah. I am so tired, and my mentality is that I worked hard all day at work, and am absolutely too tired to do any sort of school work at all. In a perfect world, I would just crawl into my bed right this second and sleep until I have to get up for work tomorrow (which I may just do). All of this is leaving me absolutely craving my degree, so I can be done and go to work and have my evenings to myself. What a thought! I could go to work, come home, have my dinner and do anything, guilt free! All of these thoughts are making me lean towards only taking one class in the summer semester. I still think it will be sorta brutal, but I also don't want to take five classes in any one semester next year. If I only take one class in the summer I will have 4 and 4, which isn't as great as my original plan (4 and 3), but still more manageable! (I did 4 and 5 last year). If anything, doing 4 and 4 means many more lamenting blog entries to come! How exciting for you, reader!

[I read Dear Abby everyday in the paper at work. She calls most people "dear reader" and it was all I could do to resist putting 'dear' in front of reader in that last remark. I also read the funnies everyday now. Did you know that they actually have a storyline that progresses day by day? I didn't, and now keep up with Baby Blues and Dog Eat Doug (sad, I know).]

Not too much happened last weekend. One exciting thing was that Matt, Lauren, Jordan, and I went to see Indiana Jones! It only opened on Thursday I believe, so we went and sat in line outside the theatre. I find this to be a very fun experience. It just makes you SO excited to get in and for the movie to start, even if you aren't that excited for the movie in the first place (like me with this one). When we were sitting in line we saw some total characters as well. There was a guy who wanted to bring his entire shopping cart into the theatre and spent a fair amount of time arguing with a manager who tried to stop him (even I could guess that that goes against every fire code in the place), a guy who just went to the front of the line we were sitting in (luckily the guy behind us told him to hit the back), and a woman with an entire unfolded napkin stuck to the bottom of her shoe (how could she not notice). As for the movie, it was not bad. Not really my type of movie, but watchable, and I wanted to see what happened. The whole ending was kinda strange though. Apparently not typical. Also, throughout the whole movie, Indiana was called 'Dr Jones' and that totally just made me think of that Aqua song.

Anyway, that's enough for me. I was looking through my camera and found some pictures from when Lauren and I made delicious cupcakes! Maybe I'll get around posting them sometime, but def not tonight! I'm off for a bubble bath and bedtime!

Ciao!

PS- L, you still have my mom's containers. :)

2 comments:

Louamonster said...

Whoops. Need I say more? Eek. I'll have to dig out those babies.

Natalie said...

No worries. When I posted it this, it crossed my mind, and I figured I may as well put it in here before I forgot.