Friday, May 2, 2008

"For you, a thousand times over..."

Wow. So I made good on plans to read during my freedom from school! I made short work of The Kite Runner (which has been one of the books sitting beside my nightstand that Matt's mom got me for Christmas) and I thought it was great. Sad, but great. Last night Matt and I rented the movie, and I sobbed through the whole thing. Terribly. I am NOT a movie crier at all, but this movie was just absolutely brutal for me! I don't think I would have found it as sad if I hadn't read the book (they develop the characters a lot more in the book than the movie, as most do) before the movie. SO SAD. Gosh. So, in short, it's a great story, but read the book/watch the movie at your own risk. Maybe pick one or the other. Even the title of this blog (quote from book and movie) makes me teary. Man.

Nothing is too too new with me. I worked my first 40 hour week of the summer this week! Today was kinda an eventful day. We unexpectedly are down one employee now, so I got moved from Accounting to Downstairs (more adminy). I was packing up my accounting desk today into a box to move, and I had a lump in my throat! It was the craziest thing! I really don't mind moving downstairs, and just starting out as I am it is probably good to get knowledge in different positions, but all I could think of was how sad it was to pack up my desk. I hope I never have to do it for reals (like for a permanent transfer out of the company...). Apparently I am just being loaned to downstairs, so I didn't have to pack up my desk (I'll be back in September to accounting I'm told), and thus I guess I made a slight fool out of myself by stripping my desk, but I use all the stuff on a daily basis. Plus, I couldn't very well leave my Cranium calender up there! Also today, work had a barbeque in the shop area, which I was so looking forward to. However, I had a little headache this morning and it turned into a full fledged migraine at about 1130, complete with nausea. Ugh. So I didn't really get to enjoy the barbeque; I hid at my desk with my uneaten burger waiting for the pills to kick in and wanting to die. Luckily by the time the pills did kick in and I felt better, there was still some of the delicious cake left! Which, as we all know, is the most important for me (a total sweet tooth).

Anyway, that's the basic news for me. Sitting here with a cool cloth, waiting for Matt to get out of the shower, waiting for my second set of Tylenol to chase the reminents of my headache away, waiting for my grades to be posted, waiting for L to get back so we can watch this week's Survivor, and wondering why on Earth my COMS professor is starting the class tomorrow when all the other Spring classes (even my other weekend one) don't start for two weeks!!

3 comments:

-ashley* said...

aww dude feel better!!!!!! Miss you!

Louamonster said...

Ugh! I hope you feel all better now! I'm back though! I had a pretty fun trip, and am kind of drunkies righht now while I'm replying! OOPS! ANNNYways..... I misse dyou, cant wait for surivover watching!!! <3

Louamonster said...

OH my goodness, I can't believe I did that! Ha ha, I was a little drunkies! I can't wait for survivor! Ha ha, I'm just repeating everything I already said!

I really want to read/see the Kite Runner too!