Thursday, March 20, 2008

Tough times

It has been a rough week for me! I had three midterms this week; one on Tuesday and two today. The Tuesday one kinda killed me though; I had studied for it and felt somewhat prepared and I went into it and I'm pretty sure I totally bombed it. That was not a good thing to happen before my other two tests! I just got in the mindset of "Well, if I try and still get blown out of the water, what is the point in even trying?" Anyway though. I'll have to see how I did (hopefully we get our marks back on Monday). I would be perfectly fine (and thrilled even) getting a C in this class (I think I can 86 the idea of doing really well) but if even that seems impossible after this midterm, I'll seriously consider withdrawing! Another thought; the C's on my transcript for first year must be getting lonely. I'll see what happens I guess.

Officially, (idea stolen from Lauren's blog), I have this work left in Winter 2008 semester:

Canadian Studies paper (already written, just have to touch up)
Another Theory paper (if I stay in the class)
Stats final paper (crap- I forgot about this... I should be making my data up now!)
Stats exam
2 lab writeups (I think...)
Sociology Final Learning Celebration (that's what she calls it, I swear to God)
Brain final
Theory final (again, if I stay in the class)
Canadian Studies take home exam

That's not so bad... is it? Ugh...

On another note, don't ever skip class when you have a guest speaker! We had Rod Sykes come into Canadian studies today, and I am so glad I didn't skip! I had thought about it due to having two exams today, but I didn't and I am so glad. He was a great speaker, and the type of speaker that you can listen to for more than an hour and feel like hardly any time went by at all! It was great. Calgary actually has a pretty interesting history, which I never knew before taking this class...

On another another note, something funny happened at my house yesterday. Byron and I got the total guilt trip about how our six year old neighbor was taking out the garbage and Byron and I are 18 and 21 respectively and don't do chores like that. My parents have resorted to blaming themselves for how they raised us (lol).
~ (Is it bad to think that is really funny?)

On that note, I am excited for the LONG weekend! I haven't really taken any substantial time for myself lately, and I intend to do just that, not worrying about school work or whatever! Hopefully Matt and I can find some fun things to do this weekend (and L if she's down, but she is usually busy on weekends).

That's pretty much what has been on my mind lately!

EDIT: Due to some confusion, "86 it" means get rid of it.
For example,
"Here, Byron, 86 this popsicle wrapper."
"It doesn't work anymore!!" "Well, 86 it!"

4 comments:

Louamonster said...

No, it's not bad (at least not THAT bad) that you think that's really funny. They have 5 children! Those kids have got to carry some weight around there. Good gosh. Also, I'm sorry it's been a rough week. That just means that we have to step it up while eating disgustingly "high caloric-content foods" (as Linda would say) and watching our favourite shows! I think you can do well! You crasy if you think you can't. I feel a little sad for the lonely Cs on your transcript. I have many of those who could hang out with them.

The 86 thing must be a french joke. This is what I've decided.

<3

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie said...

Whoops, don't know what happened to that other comment.

Anyway, soooo not the neighbors you are thinking of!

Louamonster said...

OH really? Ha ha. Fair enough!