Tuesday, April 1, 2008

It's been a while!

Update time again!

So I passed that exam. I'm staying in the class I guess! I would have been pretty choked to have had to drop it after 67% of the course work is almost done. He is going to tell us the questions for the final before the actual exam, so hopefully I can light it up and give my grade a little boost!

I really think I had sort of a bad semester due to circumstance. For three out of five of my courses, the first AND second midterms were in the same weeks (first midterms all on the same day)! Anyway, I'm over it now, and hopefully I will never be so unlucky again!

I am super worried about spring and summer courses though! Apparently it is a brutal amount of work to even take one, and I am planning on two?! Hopefully it won't be as bad as I heard. But, I did take two at St. Mary's before, and now that I think of it, that really wasn't that bad... plus, I've already been told at work that when it's quiet in the middle of the month, I can take days off. So, that should be nice, and hopefully it will all work out! I am sooo ready to be done my degree that I want to hardcore it this spring/summer and finish next year.

Matt and I are going to some sort of army "ball" (they actually call it that on the ticket!) this weekend. I was really concerned about what to wear. Matt thought my grad dress would be good, but we were at the mall last night getting a shirt for him and I pointed out a dress (much MUCH more casual) and he said that that would work too! So, I got kinda stressed! What kind of outfit should I wear?! He ended up calling some army boss, and apparently it is what you would wear to a nice restaurant, so I am GLAD I found this out before the actual dinner. Also, my grad dress doesn't fit anymore (too big!!!) and I waited too long to get it altered. She said last night that there was no way I could get it done by Saturday. Sigh. So, Matt and I traipsed around the mall looking for something that I could wear, and so far, not much luck. I really like some of the shorter dresses I saw, but on me, a tall person, they are totally skanky. I do have one dress on hold that I am going to take my mom to go see tonight, but if worst comes to worst, I have a few in my closet I can choose between. Plus, Lauren offered her dress for me, and the suggestion to have a look at RW&CO for a dress. I might just do that!

The most frustrating part of the evening last night came when I again realized how easy guys have it. All Matt needed was a tuxedo shirt (he's going to wear his dress uniform) and a bow tie. So, we headed off to Sears looking for a shirt. They only had two sizes left and one of them was Matt's size. The woman measured him, thought it would fit perfectly, and he went to try it on. Of course it fit like a glove. Plus it CAME with a bow tie. Plus, it was only 29 BUCKS! Could it have been ANY EASIER for Matt? I'm happy we aren't on a scavenger hunt for him too, but man is it ever frustrating for me!!!

In addition, our annual Edmonton trip has been on my mind a lot lately. I can't wait to hit up the waterpark, and the last two times we have been there, we had SO much fun! We still need to decide all of the logistics for it, but I am thinking about the lovely pool, the water slides, and all the other stuff. Plus, I was looking through some photo albums and found our pictures from last year of Matt and Jordan pointing at a tube with a kid on it (to flip). They are so bad...

Also excited for a potential drive up to Drumheller again. I think that would be fun. I don't have the unbelievable spring fever like I did when I last posted about it though. It snowed here a lot on the weekend, and it was cold enough again to dig out my winter coat. So, as I scraped the ice off of my car this weekend, I got the feeling that winter really will never end!

Side note: I think THE thing I am most excited for in buying my own house someday will be being able to park in a GARAGE! I cannot wait.

I think that's it for me today.

As usual, I'm working for the weekend.

Actually, I'm still workin' for May 2009.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

-ashley* said...

I love reading your blogs!!!
Makes me wish we were sitting at home watching movies and eating our chips and slurpies!!!!

Natalie said...

Haha, yes we are good at that and will have to make up for lost time when you get back!

I love reading your blog too! I wish I was doing exciting things instead of being stuck in school!

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can phrase that I approve of with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is quiet a without question as you did in the fall delivery of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=avast professional 4.7.1074 ?
I noticed the utter you have not used. Or you functioning the pitch-dark methods of inspiriting of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg