Friday, March 14, 2008

Blockbuster VS Roger's

There is something weird about the phone for me. As soon as I pick up it up, my phone voice springs to life, and there is little I can do to stop it.

I can be having a terrible argument, complete with yelling and screaming, or crying my eyes out, and pick up a ringing phone and be perfectly sweet.

I get made fun of for this pretty h-core. Byron has always given me an especially hard time about this.

My question is though, how long am I going to be able to have this work for me?

It's pretty sweet, I'm not going to lie... I love when telemarketers call and ask if my parents are home, and I love the fact that I can get away with saying "No I'm sorry, everyone over the age of 18 is at work right now."

I really hope that this is a skill I can keep for a while, certainly until long after I have moved out and have my own house.

~~

In other news, I would officially like to give a big middle finger to Blockbuster. I haaaaate that place. Matt and I decided we would rent Dan in Real Life to watch tonight, and I figured it would be perfect for me to stop on my way home and pick 'er up. I was even thinking as I got closer to the turnoff that I should stop at Roger's... "Blockbuster will never have it" I thought to myself. "Oh, but it's the middle of the day... certainly someone has returned a copy for me" a conflicting voice argued.

Stupidly, I skipped the turnoff for Roger's and headed to Blockbuster. Of course, no copies were to be seen. What? A new comedy with the hilarious Steve Carell and the ever popular Dane Cook is coming out? We will take ten copies! [Blockbuster's apparent thinking, as the number of copies were obviously lacking]. So I sighed, chided myself for not trusting my better judgment, and headed back to Roger's.

I get there, and it is lovely. Uncrowded, relaxing (haha), and copies of movies as far as the eye can see! I spied the movie and dash over (as if one of the other two customers will beat me to it) and grab one of SEVERAL copies. Excellent.

Add in the fact that anytime I rent from Blockbuster the DVD is so scratched I can't watch it, and their annoying "end of late fees" promise with the "restocking" fee masquerading as a late fee, and you can color me a forever Roger's customer.

Until, of course, the next time I am too lazy to drive 10 minutes and would rather drive 5 and end up back at Blockbuster.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Louamonster said...

NO WAY! Blockbuster over Rogers any day, my friend! You cracy!

Louamonster said...

Additionally, I've added a comment to your last entry. Check 'er out. <3

Natalie said...

Pfff, how can you deny the compelling argument I've given for Roger's.

:)