Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Week off

Today was the first day of my week off!! I (we) actually accomplished TONS today. Lauren and I headed out pretty early, considering it was a day off, and got out to buy the new season of Desperate Housewives (sooo excited to start watching it tonight) and school supplies. We found everything we needed and headed up to the U of C. I am a little excited for school, but also kind of intimidated. Lauren showed me where all my classes are (hopefully I can find my way back there next week) and we peeked into one of them. It is in a theatre! I cannot BELIEVE how many seats there are in that "class". I guess I was spoiled by starting out post secondary at a much smaller school! I am excited though. One thing that made me happy by looking into that class (theatre!) is that there were plenty of desk for left handed people. I was scared I would have an awkward year of trying to learn how to use a desk made for a righty. Luckily though, almost all of the aisle seats on one side are for south paws. Whew! We also got a lot of other stuff done at the U of C. We got Upass stickers, agendas, and went into the book store where I got two of my four books. It hurts so much though, to pay 215 (!!!) bucks for two books. They can pretty much charge anything they want though, considering you likely need the books to do well in their class. Oh well!

Matt and I went to the Labor Day Classic again this year. It was great. The game was slightly dull, but in the fourth quarter there were three streakers! Four if you count the guy who ran out with his pants still on, but he got booed for being lame. The Stamps won, and it was a good time. Also this weekend we went out for Jordan's birthday to a bar downtown. I had a FANTASTIC time. Met some new people and had fun with old friends! It was great. We got Jordan hooked on Matt's beer. Haha. Also, we did the traditional birthday movie (Harry Potter). We saw it in Imax though, and I wish I knew that they tell you when to put on the 3D glasses. The four of us were sitting there looking through the glasses and then not, trying to see if there was a difference for the first half of the movie. We must have looked pretty silly, considering that everyone else seemed to be clued in as to how the Imax situation works. :)

Have a great rest of the week!

2 comments:

Louamonster said...

Hooray for our week off! we just got back from the movie and I'm on my way over to watch more DH (and Big Brother, of course!)... my prediction right now is that Jessica and Eric will get voted off tonight, even though I REALLY hope not! So take me down for those 2, we'll see if I'm right!!! I think I'll call you right now and come over! Can't wait to hear stories from the rest of your week off! <3

PS-LOVE TO COMMENT!

Natalie said...

Haha, I'm glad that you love to comment! It is so fun to get comments! Good call on the Eric and Jessica prediction; you were so right! <3