Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Check!

Yes, as Lo pointed out on my comments, all things can now be checked off. I'm happy about that, but not feeling great right now. It's nice to know I don't have stuff to do, but I can't fully relax until the final grades are in and I can make sure I did ok. This is especially true in History, as I went in on 1.5 hours sleep and am not sure my answers were historically accurate. I was still really sick then too, so my mind was foggy, which definitely ISN'T helpful when you are trying to remember the rulers in France during times of religious war. Henry III? IV? Riche-who? Richelieu?

It certainly didn't help that during my studying, my laptop crashed AGAIN and I lost ten pages of study material, or the equivalent of six full straight hours of work. Sigh. I think I'm going to get a desktop for schoolwork soon, maybe on Boxing Day if I decide to brave the crowds.

But, hopefully the profs file the marks away soon and I can say good-bye (and good riddance, kind of) to Fall 2008. 2008 was a crazy busy year! I was only not in school for a month and a half. Out of 12!! Crazy, crazy.

Plans now for Christmas break? I have a few books that I want to read for fun, so I'm looking forward to doing that, plus a few baking recipes I'd like to try as well. Oh, plus the hopefully successful attempts to get rid of this 20lbs (I know, brutal) that I've gained since summer school, or at least start on it. Agh! Maybe I shouldn't combine baking experiments and trying to lose weight... nah! It's all good, as my family helps eats most of my creations!

Last piano lessons tonight until the new year. I got each of my students a small gift that I think they will like, so I'm excited for that! And after piano, Matt is coming over (a first in a while) to watch Tuesday tv with me. He hasn't been over on a Tuesday in so long!

That's about it. Please join me in hoping that grades are posted soon so my mind can be at ease. Matt's parents were just on a cruise and got me some worry dolls from Guatemala, so maybe I'll spill my guts to them tonight and get a good night's sleep.

Until next time!

3 comments:

Louamonster said...

I love worry dolls! They're so adorable!!! Additionally, I heard a rumour that you can join golds for $1, but I'm not sure if the semi-monthly payments are a little more than you'd like to pay, especially since you just spent all that money on a treadmill! But let me know if you're interested in a gym membership, cause we could totally go TOGETHER! But whatevs. Good luck with all that! Me too! EEK!

Natalie said...

Oooh, really? That would be so fun to go together!! Do you know how much monthlys are?

Louamonster said...

I pay like 23 twice a month, but it includes all the classes you want to take and a pool (if it ever opens), so definitely go check it out! the worst that could happen is you get a tour and a sales pitch! But I guess you've seen it before!