Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I am the biggest...

procrastinator EVER!

I cannot believe the amount of time I spent procrastinating yesterday. I had a paper to write, some readings to do, and a lab write up and it took me way longer than it should have. Never mind that I didn't even finish the paper. I'm having a hard time with this paper; I've never had to write one that requires thinking before! Usually it is just regurgitating other people's thoughts, so this is a new concept.

Anyway, when I think of the time I wasted yesterday "working" (i.e. checking blogs, going on facebook, re checking blogs, checking email, and re checking blogs), I am just disapppointed. To think, I could have done my work in a few short hours and then done what ever I wanted for the evening but instead I was stuck at the computer all afternoon and all evening, accomplishing very little. I think this has to stop. Maybe that means checking facebook once a day, blogs once a day, email once a day MAXIMUM, but I have to set some limits. I want more time to do stuff I enjoy, and I think I could have that and get my work done too!

There you have my new leaf. I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Louamonster said...

Procrastinating sucks. I do it bad too. I hate Mark Zuckerburg. for sho. <3

Natalie said...

What?

Louamonster said...

Mark Zuckerburg is the inventor of facebook. And I hate him. Additionally, I should stop procrastinating too but have no motivation to do so. And setting limits would probably not work for me. I find my best bet is to play MSN puzzles and let myself do two puzzle pieces every time I finish a page or whatever... but you can't get fricking MSN puzzles on any of the school computers so I'm hooped. I almost typed humped there instead though. That would have been so embarrassing!