Monday, December 24, 2007

It's Christmas in Hollywood...

Wow! Has it ever been a long time since I updated last. I thought that after I finished my finals I would be all about the updating, but it seems like every time I sit down to make out an entry, I have nothing to say! I have been enjoying my time off though. It is fantastic and busy!

On Tuesday, the night after my last final, Lauren and I went to a yoga class! It was fun, but quite a bit more difficult than I thought it would be. I needed help from the teaching assistant frequently, but I'm ok with that. I paid to take the class so I should make sure I get the most out of it, right?

Wednesday Matt and I finished our Christmas shopping! I was so glad to be done relatively early and to not have had to hit the mall this weekend. That would have been messy. Instead, we hung out with Matt's family on Saturday and went to the hockey game (courtesy of the army). The game was pretty fun and Matt had a chance to go on the ice to receive a jersey!! He didn't take it (let one of his friends go instead) but it would have been exciting! The soldiers who received the jerseys on the ice, however, had to return them as soon as they got off the ice! That seemed a little unfair. They were going to auction them off and the money does go back to the military, but they should have told them they before hand that they were going to receive a jersey, but not to keep. Ah well.

Thursday (back tracking a little, but I want to mention it) was great! Lauren and I wanted to try somewhere new to eat, and we ended up at Original Joe's in Kensington. I wasn't crazy about what I got, but I think the place definitely has potential. The best part was the dessert though; mocha mud pie. This is my irresistible indulgence. I loooove it. Moxie's used to be a great restaurant to get it from, but they discontinued it! I was so choked! Anyway, OJ's had it and Lauren and I definitely whole heartedly attempted to eat the thing with little success. After we saw a great movie: Lars and the Real Girl. Excellent, excellent, excellent. "They're not real, so they'll last forever." Fantastic. I look forward to watching it again at home when there aren't giggly and possibly intoxicated girls sitting right in front of us. Oooh, and it was at the Plaza in Kensington. Cute old theatre.

Merry Christmas to all!

1 comments:

Louamonster said...

POSSIBLY intoxicated?!?!?!!? You nuts! Ha ha, she was for sho intoxicated! :) Twas fun though. Tee hee, me and Marina are the same (NOT)