Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm becoming a more spiritual person

As I wrote before, I feel like I'm a lost soul right now. Since getting out of school, I don't really know what I'm doing, where I'm going, who I am, or if the choices I'm making are the right ones. Two Thursdays ago, I called Nannie (my grandma) to go to church with me, and we went, and it helped a little. I feel like I'm becoming more interconnected with a higher power, or at least I'm recognizing it a little more.

Today for example.

I was feeling really upset today, feeling down, invisible, and worrying about the future, and I decided to take Lucy for a walk to get some fresh air to help me feel better. I knew I would spend the whole walk ruminating and stewing over my upset feelings, but I thought it would be better than sitting in the house.

We hadn't walked very far when we ran into an old friend, and her two dogs. Instead of feeling upset the whole walk, we spent time chatting. I really envy her, because she is able to talk about anything and everything (in a good way). Her chatting made me feel so much better and I came home feeling much more peaceful and way less crappy. I just really like externalizing events to some sort of invisible force. It's kinda neat what you see when you start looking.

1 comments:

Louamonster said...

Yo dog, sup. How ironic, I almost mistyped dog as g-o-d. Either irony or dislexia. Either way, you know..... annnyways, I think that's kind of cooly-oolio that you're feelin more spiritual lately. It's weird the person you discovered you always were when you have the time to let 'er rip, hey? That's sweet though. Keep me (or us blog-watchers) posted.