Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Beets, Bears, Battlestar Gallactica

QUESTION: Which bear is best?

Well I had a great weekend. I'll start with last night (which was technically Monday, but my school week doesn't start until Tuesday). Lauren came over and she, Matt, and I got cozy on my loveseat (we are no longer sitting on lawn chairs in front of the tv!!) and busted out the last half of The Office, season 3. It was fantastically hilarious. I love that show.

Saturday was also excellent, and included me getting my couch back! I snapped on Saturday night and decided that I couldn't take anymore of the lawn chairs (basement is being renovated; couches got packed up) so Matt and I grabbed the loveseat and put it back together! It was funny when we were carrying it out, because Lucy saw us with the couch in the air and started growling. To save us from the attack, perhaps? In any case, I realized that couches = love, and I do not have strong enough muscles for or a future in furniture delivery (which I think I'm ok with).

Saturday during the day (this is throwing me off, going backwards like this) Matt and I went for lunch and experienced some drama! We were eating our sandwiches in Keith's Deli (by Chinook, absolutely delicious) when a bum of some sort came in begging for money. The store owners told him to get lost or they were going to call the cops, and he freaked! It was exciting and a little scary!

We then went to the mall where my boundless Christmas spirit continued to grow. Matt even picked up a Christmas gift! I stopped at the MAC counter and had the following conversation:

the MAC girl: Did I tell you we are having a gala?
Me: No...
MG: Tickets are 10 dollars, 8 of which is fully redeemable in makeup, with the other 2 going to charity.
Me: Oh, very good. What charity?
MG: Uhhhh... um, its like Feel Good, Look Good I think. Something like that. I don't really know. They like, buy makeup for women with cancer and stuff I think.
Me: I see.

Very nice girl, and very good cause (I think), but perhaps if you are promoting an event at which proceeds go to charity, you should know the name of the charity? I couldn't have been the first to ask! Ah well, no big deal!

2 comments:

Louamonster said...

It sounds like fun!!!! Ha ha, I'm so jealous you went to Keith's Deli! Yum!!!! Ha ha, I'm starving right now though. Anyways, that's so cute that Lucy was growling or whatever at the couch. She's such a funnie little dog.

Louamonster said...

Do you honestly only have 1 entry from November!!! SLACKER! Tee hee. Mostly jokes. <3